If you’re a wordsmith extraordinaire who will work each word and phrase to maximum advantage and you’re committed to putting in the hard yards to get hands-on experience to pave your way into programs work at Cufa by working on successful projects, this role is for you.
You’ll be successful in this role by actively building on your early-career and/or volunteer experience in the international development sector by putting together robust project proposals and being resilient by overcoming challenges. Proactively applying yourself and putting into practice your ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively across cultures and work efficiently to meet deadlines.
You’ll fit perfectly within Cufa’s organisational culture if you’re a positive person with an unwavering work ethic to get the job done well and have a genuine commitment to assisting those in need in the Asia-Pacific region. Experience and ability to manage multiple priorities with ease and thinking innovatively with minimal supervision are essential.
Cufa is offering an opportunity for a dynamic self-starter to lead its Grants Portfolio to augment its funding streams. As a nimble and outcomes-focused NGO, Cufa’s Grant Writer will lead the design and development of technical and financial proposals for multilateral and unilateral development funding partners within Cufa’s thematic foci.
The Grants Writer will be responsible for crafting ompeling and Impact-focused proposals. To be successful in this role, you must have strong writing abilities including grammar and spelling, intrinsically enjoy writing and be able to synthesise important information succinctly. Experience in developing and writing robust funding proposals is highly desirable, including volunteer experience.
- Advanced writing and editing skills. You are a wordsmith extraordinaire who will work each word and phrase to maximum advantage coupled with a keen eye for detail. You can demonstrate your craft by providing written samples of your work.
- Exceptional interpersonal capabilities including cross-cultural communication skills to communicate effectively with our local staff in Cambodia and Myanmar and build good relationships both internally and externally.
- Passionate about and know the ins and outs of the international development landscape.
- Driven and autonomous. You’re organised and have experience in working autonomously on a range of tasks and projects. You’re an all-rounder and uses initiative to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You also know when to seek guidance.
- Project management and meeting deadlines. You’ve got excellent project management skills, ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight, non-negotiable deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to assess and compare the relative merits of different grant applications.
- Proactive. You can think outside the square and take the initiative to explore new funding opportunities and partnerships, and review projects to identify aspects for improvement.
- Tertiary qualification in English, Journalism, Law, International Development or any other related field. Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Competency in using the Microsoft Suite is essential.
- The successful candidate must have the right to work in Australia.
- Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our Child Protection Policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a Child Protection Code of Conduct, undergo referee checks, undergo a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Please submit a clear and concise cover letter explicitly demonstrating how you meet the indicated selection criteria supported with an up-to-date résumé with relevant experience only to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Grants Writer Application’ - Cufa Website. Your ability to achieve this is critical to determining your suitability and highly determinant if you’ll be successful in this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date: 30 April 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity and inclusion within our workforce.